The Kiddy Guardianfix 3 car seat builds on the proven safety record of the previous model which achieved the 'good' test result from Stiftung Warentest and ADAC. Guardianfix 3 also meets the latest norm: ECE-R44/04 (Supplement 10) and thus corresponds to the very latest safety standards.This seat can be used directly after an infant car seat e.g. the Kiddy Evoluna i-Size. The new impact shield system from Kiddy provides perfect protection especially for small children (approx 9 months to 3 years). Additional functions such as a deeper reclined position; an adjustable 5 position leg rest to provide comfort; and enhanced security, thanks to the superb adjustability and ergonomics; will all mean that a child will travel in ultimate safety. A new eye level indicator built into the head rest is a visible reminder every journey, to ensure the child always has the perfect head support.The Guardianfix 3 grows with the child and adapts perfectly in width and height. It can be used from approx. 9 months (9 kg) up to the age of 12 (36 kg). The Kiddy K-fix+ system has been redesigned. The K-fix+ connectors are longer for easier installation to the car and offer a greater degree of recline. The new K-fix+ connectors boast a clever new sideways movement. This has several advantages. The seat can be moved sideways, which makes it easier to buckle the seat up. Most importantly, in the event of a side impact, the seat will slide sideways and protectively push your child inwards away from the impact zone. Greater protection for your child, where they need it most.
- Enhanced Kiddy Impact Shield: The head of young children is bigger and heavier compared to the rest of the body leaving this area especially vulnerable in the event of an accident or a sharp braking manoeuvre. In the event of an accident, the impact shield absorbs the energy of the collision so the upper body of the child naturally rolls over, which gives a low load on the neck region, compared to 5 point harness systems.
- Side impact protection:The car seat is secured in the car with the 3-point vehicle seat belt. However, this system, was designed for adults. The Kiddy Shock Absorber absorbs the energy acting on the 3-point seat belt and protects the child in the case of an accident or sudden braking.
- Optimized geometric design of the lateral areas: The Guardianfix 3 side impact protection components are been designed to give optimum protection for the child in the event of a side collision. However the side impact protection is designed so your child can still have an unobstructed view out of the window.
- High-Tech material: The energy absorbing high tech material "Honeycomb 2" is used in the sensitive head and shoulder area, in order to protect this delicate area of the child.
- Perfect Fit: The Guardianfix 3 can be adjusted individually according to the measurements of the child. For younger children the seat is used with the seat cushion and the impact shield. For older children, the backrest can be adjusted to accommodate growth in height and width. The adjustable leg rest can also be extended. The new eye level indicator on the headrest ensures that the back rest is always correctly aligned with the child's height.
- Use in aircraft: In the opinion of experts, the simple airplane lap belt may be a safety risk to small children in the event of turbulence or an emergency landing. This child safety car seat has been approved for Group 1 (9-18kg) use in aircraft by TUV Rheinland.
- K-fix+ Connectors: The seat can be easily fixed into a vehicle using the practical k-fix+ connectors to the ISOFIX system. (in the vehicle - remove). The optimized k-fix+ system also makes it possible for the seat to slide sideways, away from the door in the event of a side impact.
- Retraction mechanism: Due to the convenient retraction mechanism you can retract the K-fix+ connectors into the child safety seat quickly and easily. This makes this car seat also suitable for use in vehicles without an ISOFIX system.
- One-hand height and width adjustment: We want to make your life as easy as possible! The unique adjustment mechanism of the Kiddy Guardianfix 3 expands the seat both in height and width simultaneously by a simple squeeze of the handle on the back of the seat, with just one hand.
- Correct buckling: The belt routes indicated in red facilitates correct buckling up and removes the risk of incorrect routing.
- Foldable and removable insert cushion: The adjustable, removable insert cushion can be tailored to give your child good support and the correct height. This will ensure they are totally comfortable each and every journey.
- Breathable 3-D mesh fabric: Nothing is more unpleasant than sitting in a car in sticky, sweaty clothes on a hot summer day! To counteract this, Kiddy seats have inserts of breathable 3-D mesh fabric in targeted areas. This net like material increases air circulation, ensuring a comfortable seating environment.
- 3-stage leg extension: The Guardianfix 3 grows with your child from 9 kg to 36 kg. The three-stage leg extension ensures that the child sits safely and comfortably with the back and legs well supported no matter what their age, height or weight.
- Snooze position: The new K-fix+ system facilitates an increased angle of recline which allows a child weighing 9-18kg, to have a relaxed and comfortable snoozing position, especially during long trips. The comfortable headrest can easily be adjusted too.
- Durable cover: The Guardianfix 3 comes in 8 modern colours with silver reflective panels for easy spotting should an accident take place in the dark. The pattern on the seats are special - the dots represent Morse Code which conveys a special message: "Kiddy - we love our kids." Unique and unmistakable! The seat cover can be removed and machine washed at 30 degrees C (gentle cycle).
Dimensions & Weight: Minimum: H 65 x W 55 x D 45cm Maximum: H 83 x W 64 x D 50cm Weight: approx. 8 kg
Suitability: For children weighing 9 kg to 36 kg (approximate 9 months to 12 years)
|Age Range||From 9 months to 12 years|
|Child Weight||9kg to 36kg|
|Car Seat Group||Group 1/2/3|